Saturday, July 6, 2013

LEAP

I took the leap!  I am going to try my hand at blogging!!!

Hi, my name is Randi!  This will be my third year teaching at a small K-8 school.  For the past two years I have taught 5/6 self-contained.  I have loved every minute of it.  This year will be a new adventure as I will be teaching 5-8 ELA and SS.  I am excited!!  I will have all of my original students from my first year teaching, plus the newbies.

I love to 'blog stalk'.  Only last year did I start 'stalking' teacher blogs! OMG!!  Changed my whole world, much like pinterest.  I love reading what other teachers from all over the US do.  It is an even greater resource now that most of us will be teaching common core.  I have a love/hate relationship with common core! :)  I attended a common core math academy last year (24 hrs), and SURPRISE!!  I am not even teaching math this year!  I am really going to miss teaching 5/6 math, but am super happy I won't be teaching 7/8 math, kwim!?!?  EEK, I can do it, teach it, eh....fish out of water....SCARY!!!! 

I will definitely be back with a Monday Made It because Tara is one that got me hooked on "teacher blogs".  I have been linking up with my instagram account all summer.  Last summer I just drooled over everyone's awesomeness.  The only think I made last summer was the infamous teacher toolbox.

No comments:

Post a Comment