Saturday, July 20, 2013

New Room Painting

Okay, I think I mentioned before that painting with my husband is like playing one-on-one with Michael Jordan.  And you know what?  That is okay by me because the final outcome is amazing.
My husband was SO annoyed by previous paint jobs, there was paint all over outlet cover, trim, counters...etc...terrible.  He painted ALL the base trim and top trim.  That took MANY hours with his expensive little paintbrush that he said he shouldn't be using black on.  AWESOME HE IS.  Yeah, I owe him big time...and he won't let me forget...

HERE ARE THE BEFORE PICS






 
HERE ARE THE AFTER
My "window wall" with my new curtains
 
The chevron wall in progress...we gridded off the wall with chalk lines then my fabulous hubby taped it off.  He had to use an exacto knife at the pointed parts....


 


The heater door that hubby painted the trim and door (he free handed all the trim with no tape because he is AWESOME!)  He also did all the base trim as well, I didn't take a picture of that...

My room is such a horrible mess!  I will be cleaning it next week...Can you tell the wall with windows is darker gray than the other walls??

You can see some of his trim work here :)
Also covered my bulletin board with leftover fabric :)  and the beginnings of my objective wall.

 
I LOVE how my room is coming together and CANNOT wait to do a total classroom reveal! :)  I am so grateful for my husband taking all this time to paint my room for me.  He really did an amazing job and with very little complaining ;)  I think the only time he was annoyed by me was the night my teaching BFF was working on her room too and I kind of disappeared for a long time....it happens when we get together...we like to talk! lol  I think she was down at my room every 10 min to talk some more.  haha...Justin finally said, "Do you guys get any work done when you are here!?" lol  He doesn't believe what a great team we make, we can get a lot done together because we can talk as we work ;). 
 
 

3 comments:

  1. It's looking fantastic! I can't wait for the big reveal. Isn't it great to have someone that is so supportive and will help you in your classroom? Mine helps me on crafting projects at home and even goes on supply runs for the stuff to make! Keeper for sure!
    Alison
    Rockin' and Lovin' Learnin'

    ReplyDelete
  2. The new paint job looks fantastic! The new colors are so much better.

    Jordan

    Sweet Little Things

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous girl! Only a fellow teacher would think a painted classroom as gorgeous! Sara B.

    ReplyDelete