Monday, July 8, 2013

MONDAY MADE IT!!! July 8, 2013

EEK!  So excited for my first MMI with Tara at 4th Grade Frolics! :)  (DON'T forget, I AM STILL in the process of learning all of this so bare with me :) )

I made these Friday night, when my husband was gone playing cards.  My 5 year old "helped" me, AKA kept me company.  He was all about making sure we hung them in a pattern. :)  This is the mess....or SOME of the mess......

I made 2 of each color...I plan to make at least 2 more of each color.  This year I am moving into a new, MUCH BIGGER classroom.  I decided to do a totally new color scheme/decor.  Obviously, you can tell what my colors are, right?

 
Speaking of new room.  My SWEET husband and I are tackling the task of painting my new classroom.  The new walls are that light gray color.  I am going to do a chevron pattern on the back wall with lime green.  We worked all day yesterday, kid free THANKS MOM, and we only got this back wall finished.  It doesn't seem like much, but first my honey painted all the based trim and the top grid stuff that holds ceiling tiles...the previous occupant painted the room and had paint ALL over the trim.  My husband used to paint for a living soooo he may be a bit OCD about it all...I did a lot of organizing while he was painting trim.  I did the rolling of the gray while he "cut in" the edge in the gray...yeah, painting with my husband is like playing one-on-one with Michael Jordan.... 

 
Anywho...I am teaching 5-8 ELA next year.  I made these folders, okay I DECORATED these folders, for my standards.  They are the plastic folders and I am going to keep my standards checklists in these.  I did design the labels using some of my new obsession, DIGITAL paper...SQUEAL, LOVE...

 
Also, I laminated some more task cards.  I cut them out as well, just didn't take a picture of that.

AND FINALLY...I ordered the fabric for my curtains for my classroom...EEEEEE...I LOVE LOVE LOVE it!!!  Can't wait to get it.  I ordered it off Hobby Lobby, 4 cent shipping, ummmm yes, save me that hour and a half drive AND I got to shop in my pjs, yes, PLEASE, THANK YOU!  Also, scored 40%, hubs was pretty empressed ;)

 
Okay, now off to look at everyone else's MMIs....Also, can someone point me in the right direction of getting a gadget on the side for people to follow me??? 
 
GO LINK UP OR BROWSE

8 comments:

  1. I would love to see a picture of that finished wall! Sounds great!!!

    Elizabeth
    Hodges Herald

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THANK YOU FOR BEING MY FIRST COMMENT! :)

      Delete
  2. You are so lucky you get to paint your walls and have curtains! I can't do either to my room which is very sad. I bet your room is going to look great!

    Jamie
    Sixth Grade Tales
    Follow my new Facebook page

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I cannot imagine all the "rules" everyone has. We do pretty much whatever. A lot of people are shocked that we get to have our scentsy pots too. I say in middle school they are mandatory :)

      Delete
  3. A professional level painter in your home?! How lucky! Can't wait to see the finished product.

    EmilyK

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. IKR!? SO lucky, I was grumbling to my friend that is painting her room too last night about how long it is taking...she told me A. be happy I have him (she's divorced) B. He is a perfectionist, your room will look amazing! Don't let him come by mine because he will see all the wrong I am doing. lol

      Delete
  4. what is the name of the fabric because I am INLOVE!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Here is the link to it. Mine should be delivered tomorrow :) I can't wait to make the curtains :)
      http://shop.hobbylobby.com/products/apt1-19-splendid-paisley-626424/

      Delete